Search This Blog

26 November 2011

Kyn Tucin's Speech to the Cenian Assembly

"A wise man once said 'One who gives up liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserves neither and loses both.'
"What I am asking you, Assemblypeople, is to choose between choosing our own leaders or having someone else choosing them for us. To give up our say in OUR government for peace only to face more demands in the future, or to war to protect our sovereignty and to defend the liberties of our people.
"Do we need a nanny? NO! Do we need a babysitter? NO! Do we need another country standing behind our backs and messing in our internal affairs? NO!
"Although you might observe this speech as a selfish one, it is not. I just want to preserve Ceni as a sovereign nation, not a vassal state or a suzerainty of another nation, one with no guarantees of liberties, one with no chance for the people to decide how its government is run.
"Behind my back the call me 'Kyn Tucin the Awful.' I do not care what they think about me! I don't run the country like it is my own personal domain.  The people elected me to serve my country, not my country to serve me.
"While the senate might send many men to their deaths in this decision, those lives will not be spent in vain. Their lives will be spent on a greater cause, one of liberty, freedom, and democracy. Shall we have peace now and war in the future, or war now and war in the future? Shall I give up my office to appease these warlords temporarily, or shall I keep my office and fight. Shall we 'hire' these people as our nanny, or shall we fight to remove this scourge from the galaxy?
"For every man that dies, 10 men will be saved, and 100 will have a life of  freedom.
"Over there, their decisions are made for them. Over there, their life is the government and the government is their life. Over there the only dream they are allowed to have is one of having the entire galaxy under their dominion. Shall we bring there over to here, or shall we keep here the way it is?
"The choice I am asking you to make, Senators and Assemblypeople, is for me to give up my office, the liberty of our people to choose our leaders for a little peace, temporary safety from war or to go to war now when war is inevitable late.
"So please make your choice. Liberty or a little temporary safety.
"I will step down or stay in office as the Senate votes.
"Ceni vivat!
 Cancellarius Vivat!
 Vivat libertas populi nostri!"

No comments:

Post a Comment